Sunday, October 24, 2010

Van Dyke Process, More Before and After

Yes...yet another. Hey, what do you want?  I only had one day after work to take these shots before sun down. As it was, I had to get out of work early to do so. I concentrated on these old buildings that I thought would work well for this process. It was really difficult to keep the detail (not that the originals were all that great, since they were digital, and not film, taken with a simple little Canon Power Shot camera). Also, expertise in Photoshop would have helped to sharpen these up.

And speaking of Photoshop... I don't have it here at home...otherwise I would have cropped this photo I took of the final product. I wanted the close-up, because I made these prints rather small. However, perhaps you can see that I mounted this as a float on a dark brown cork board for display purposes at school. Umm. Yeah, the sunlight got in the way. Ugh. Also, notice the paper looks blotchy. That is probably because the paper was not coated evenly, with the Van Dyke developing solution, beforehand.

No comments:

Post a Comment